Where should we eat is the most common question we get asked, and who's the best to ask? The locals!
- Sixpence coffee, our locally owned and roasted coffee is one not to miss. Sixpence distribute their coffee to most cafe's in town and there's a reason for that, it's bloody good! The best pastries you'll find in town are served here, be sure to get in early or you'll miss out! The almond croissant is the best I've ever had, you'll have to try it.
- Ginger Baker, the gorgeous cafe in the corner of town that backs onto Centenary Park and splash park. Currently only open Friday - Tuesday, this spot has the best breakfast menu with lots of different options for everyone! Veggie breaky, pancakes, locally made sourdough or the big breaky, you can't go wrong.
- Food Wine and Friends, Located on Ireland street, this little cafe is perfect for your morning coffee. Only having a small menu, I can promise you the roast veggie bagel is to die for. Not to mention they stock Milawa Bread, Corn Bread, if you haven't tried corn bread have you even been to the North East?
- Tomahawks, I'm sure you've all heard of this one and it deserves to be at the top of our list! Being a very small restaurant you do need to get here early and you cannot book, but it is worth the wait. I can't even tell you what is the best to order as the menu is always changing and when I say everything is good, I mean EVERYTHING. Order a plate of everything and share it around, don't forget to order a yummy cocktail - the Tiki Sour is a personal fav.
- Hometown, same owners/chefs as Tomahawks, Hometown is just down the road and is a pizza orientated menu with a few extra sides to try. With a huge outdoor seating area under a sky of fairy lights, you will always get a table, and it is worth waiting for.
- Don Mungos, the new pizza place in town! Having a completely different menu & vibe to Hometown, you really cannot compare the two. Don Mungo's is also the place to go after hours for a dance, having a local DJ playing every Saturday night, and bands playing on Friday nights for those 'knock off' drinks.
- Bright Brewery, with an extensive menu and drinks list, the brewery is the perfect place for 'Sunday sessions' on the back deck overlooking the Ovens River, listening to a local band, and taste testing the huge variety of craft beers.
- Burgerville, after a long drive to Bright and just want a takeaway meal? Burgerville is the go to.
- Velo, the newest resturant on the block! Surprise, Velo is part owned and managed by the same chef as Tomahawks and Hometown. Do I need to say more? Just order one of everything and try it all, with the same tapas style meals for the whole table to share.
- Bright is forever evolving and with all the newcomers to town, we are always expanding!
Keep an eye out for a few new places opening up including Lamb On Gavan and Yo&Go!